The 5-Axis Optic Lens Mount is built using state-of-the art opto-mechanics to position a collimating lens in close proximity to a cryogenically cooled laser diode mounted in the vacuum space of a dewar. The mount seals the vacuum space with a leak-tested bellows and allows five degrees of freedom of adjustment of the lens for optimal collimation of the light source.
ADVANTAGES – The 5-Axis Mount captures all the light from the emitting diode with only a single optical element required to collimate the output beam and seal the vacuum space. Precise positioning of the lens provides maximum power of a collimated, diffraction-limited output beam, unlike the use of an off-axis parabola plus a separate window to seal the vacuum space.
- Emits a nearly Gaussian-shaped beam, eliminating the need to condense an odd-shaped beam, thus more of the light is retained.
- Allows for twice the output power as with an f/1 lens.
- Adjustments can be easily made in the x, y and z linear axes as well as the θx and θy tilts.
- The reduced working distance between the laser and the lens creates a smaller output beam enabling the use of smaller optics.
SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
- Adjusts for collimated output beam from cryo-cooled laser diodes
- Mounts directly to Laser Components L5736 Laser Source Dewar
- Sealed motion using leak-tested metal bellows
- +/- 1 mm x/y-axis travel
- +/- 3 mm z-axis travel (focus)
- Linear translation resolution ~2 µm
- Tilt resolution ~3x10-5 radians
- Working distance of less than 1mm
- Price includes standard lens tube sets for Ø0.75” Janos ZnSe lens, part#A1200-011 (lens sold separately)
- Custom lens tube sets may be ordered for other optics with a maximum Ø0.75”. Please request quotation
Opto-Mechanics - The Common Mode Focus Adjuster
The Common Mode Focus Adjuster is an accessory to the 5-Axis Optic Lens Mount. It mounts to all three z-axis adjustment-screws simultaneously, facilitating a convenient and precise adjustment of the z-axis focus.
- Provides for convenient z-axis focus adjustment
- Rotates all three z-axis screws simultaneously
- Easily attaches to the 5-Axis Optic Lens Mount